Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pleasantly plump and sassy....not so much

my baby, before the tumor, was pleasantly plump and sassy, not fat, but a good weight, a happy girl.  These days she is super skinny, barfing at least once every 10 days, sometimes food sometimes just bile, and not really her old self.  We have an appointment with an internal medicine doctor next Monday.  I have spoken with my 2 vets and her oncologist.  They don't think there is more cancer.  Honey will barely eat without appetite stimulants and she is super skinny.  I have bought all kinds of foods to tempt her, which Elvira is now eating.  I got some anti nausea medicine compounded to a liquid and she threw that up 5 seconds after she took it..

I feel that she has tummy issues, maybe nauseous but I can't get any meds into her, she won't eat them.  She never was a hearty eater except of temptations.  I also feel that she is psychologically kind of traumatized.  She was eating fine until she started the chemo treatments.

Maybe I'll get a hold of the the animal communicator again. 

7 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Poor Honey. I am purring lots for her.

pilch92 said...

I know some people lose their taste or get a metal taste with chemo- do you know if that happens with kitties? I will pray for her.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We're sorry to hear this have you tried giving her different food or freshly cooked chicken breast cut up into small bites?
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're leaving some purrs and paw taps for Honey.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Poor Honey. Is there an anti-nausea drug that can be given by injection? When Flynn was at his worst he wouldn't eat, even with the appetite stimulants.He wanted to eat and would look at his food then walk away and lost over a third of his weight. I was injecting him twice daily for a while with Zantac to soothe his digestive tract and that got him eating again.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We are so sorry you are going through this, Honey. Keeping you in our thoughts and purrs.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

honey...ask yur mom ta ask de vet bout a B12 injectionz.....it helps jump start de app a tite....sorrree yur knot feelin sew good N hope ya get ta feelin like yur regular self reel lee soon ♥