Friday, October 10, 2014

Purrs needed





So I am home today.  Last night I was sick with an ear and sinus infection.  probably from cleaning out all those damn files at work and breathing dust tho it didn't seems that dusty.  Got a raging ear and sinus headache.  am on antibiotics and Vicodin for the pain and then....at 7:30 pm I notice this growth on Honey's left front foot.  It is red and as large as the main paw pad  and her foot is swollen.  So frantically, off we go to the emergency vet off of Folsom in Rancho.  I can't read the street signs and driving at night is increasingly awful so after missing the street we finally get there at 8pm.  After 2 ex-rays the vet determines that whatever it is it is not attached to any bone, which would indicate possibly cancer and it does not have fluid in it meaning no abscess.  So it is some kind of tumorous growth.  She is on antibiotics and has another vet appt on Monday to see it the size of it has gone down any.  It could be this Plasma cell pododermatitis

So I called in today, we went back to sleep.  I feel a little better, she, the size of the thing has not gone down after 2 doses of medicine yet.  I am besides myself.  I trimmed her nails last weekend and I don't remember seeing anything there.  My poor baby.

4 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh sweet Honey P we are purring for you sweetie and for your Mom to feel better too.

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm sending lots of purrs your way, Honey! I hope that growth goes away soon.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am sending you lots of purrs Honey P.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Ouchie! Sending healing purrs and prayers to you, sweet Honey girl. Keep us posted.